Saturday 16 February 2008

SeCoNd LiFe DiArY

Found freebie island and bought myself some dashing t-shirts!made a new friend as well...still aven't managed to get rid of my beard so it looks like i'm stuckwith being a man as goig round as a women with bad facial hair wasn't going down too well with fellow second life users!
i visited london as well, it was 3am in the mornig though so there weren't many people around, apart from one that was looking to rent a flat?! spoke to her but not for too long she seemed in a rush.

I'm growing to enjoy my time on second life although i don't think i will be going on it after this project is over...its a bit too freaky for my liking.

I watched the Virtual Adultey documentary on YouTube (Part 1 above) and its quite scary how much SecondLife can affect someones life. An american lady in the documentary spent the best part of 14hrs a day on it and ended up having a 'developed' (shall we say)relationship with a guy in London. She was a house wife and ended up neglecting her children and putting stresses on her marriage.

I can see that virtul worlds can be a neccessary escape from real life for some people; but ever heard of the saying 'putting your head in the sand'?! I don't think this is the answer...it's not even good for the eyes staring at a computer screen all day?!

0 comments: