Thursday 18 March 2010

Client:Content Management System

My new and improved Content Management System is now up and running.


There are a few things I need to do but, I have added the function to insert new entry's as well as removing images and a basic text editor allowing my client to add bold, underline, italic,
  • lists
  • lists
  • lists
and
  1. numbered lists
  2. numbered lists
  3. numbered lists
This was done using TinyMCE.

I have also incorporated Javascript/JQuery to create a swish 'Insert Content' form. The next section appears when required fields have been filled. I'm hoping that this will make it easier to use as it will follow a more logical order. This form also works if Javascript is disabled. Again to make things easier for my client I have used inline javascript to toggleDiv a help prompt. At the moment I only have one which explains why an Image Description is needed.

Google Analytics has been linked and there are also links to the main website for easy access.

I have asked my Client to start entering content so I can help him if he has any issues and adapt the CMS if necessary. Following a phone call today it seems he is having trouble so change may well have to be affected. A user manual may have to be created as the client has limited experience online.

0 comments: