Thursday 21 January 2010

PRP Artefact#1: Letter to Creative Companies

I have sent 13 Nottingham based design companies the letter below. I am aware that I will most probably have to send more to gain the response I am after. However, I will telephone all of the companies early next week with a list of questions and make a judgement after. If I do not get any responses I will have to branch out to other areas.

I am thinking a telephone interview may be a better option. Not only because I am conscious of the little time I have (2weeks per artefact) but also as this will inconvenience the recipient less.


Dear ____,

RE : Facilitation of Innovation in a Creative Company

I am a Web Design student at Nottingham Trent University and currently pursuing research for my final year studies. This research is focussed on how creative organisations, like yours, encourage and facilitate innovation among their employees.

In particular I am interested in how online communications such as blogs, wiki's and social networking can enhance creativity within an already creative workforce. I would like to call you to ask a few questions, if this is ok with yourself? I won’t take up much of your time, as I’m sure you’re very busy people.

If you are interested in participating, it would give us time to discuss your firm’s current approach of encouraging innovation, plus additional techniques that may be of interest to you.

If for any reason, you would prefer me not to contact you simply reply saying so. However, if you are and there are times that are more convenient for yourself, please let me know and I will accommodate these.


Thank you in advance for your time.
Yours sincerely,


Jacqui Pickup
www.jacquipickup.com

0 comments: