Tuesday 12 May 2009

Goldfactory: Take 5

Homepage: Following feedback from our client Paul, I have tried to create a homepage that combines elements of all our designs. I have used Vikesh's background image and logo and combined this with one of the exhibition posters which was an idea mentioned in one of our meetings with Paul. I wasn't too keen on the torn paper used for navigation on Vikesh's design with this layout (sorry mate!) so I used a strip of dymo which i think carries on the scrapbook theme. However i'm not sure the logo stands out enough...

I wasn't sure what heading to use on the notepad for the short blurb. It seems like it needs one but didn't think it was necessary to repeat 'Goldfactory' again and having 'About' might confuse the user as there will be a separate page for this that goes into more detail. The exhibition poster would be changed to future exhibitions once we have one, but just put an old one there for now..
Artists Profile Page: Here are 2 screenshots of the same layout but with different backgrounds. I am actually starting to prefer the desk to the floorboards now as it is a lot lighter colour which gives more contrast to the content. I thought by having the exhibition poster relevent to the artist could tie things together quite nicely. It follows a very close layout to the homepage which adds a sese of connuity and flow. I have also straightened the things up a bit as Paul suggested.

0 comments: