Monday 25 May 2009

Cross Browser Fixes-Damn you IE!

Notepad++

Since I can't download IE6 into my mac to investigate cross browser problems I went to download this as its a recommended WUSIWUG program. When I visited the site I got a little distracted however by the navigation panel. When hovering over each link a different iguana rolls out with sub categories. I found this really grabbed your attention and is quite a unique method of navigation.

Line Height
PNG fix

The main problems I have encountered when opening the site in IE are line height and the transparency of PNG images. However I have quite painlessly overcome these by the gem that is google! Follow these links for instructions and more info:


Favicon

Another thing I have learnt during this project is favicons. The little logo that appears alongside the address in the navigation toolbar and also in the tabs. This is a very simple process which basically need a bit of code in the head of each page which links to an ico file. As long as the corresponds to the The browser then will automatically display the favicon. There are many sites that will convert a 100x100px .jpg image to an .ico file however this one will allow you to edit it and also add transparency.

0 comments: