Tuesday 27 January 2009

Design Layouts

Here I have moved the navigation above the 'About Us' bubble. I think this gives a more sensible layout. The information at the side is still there and I've added a 'Do we Deliver to you' text field where I hope to allow the user to enter their postcode to see if they are applicable for home delivery.
By adding a picture i think a user will instantly recognise the purpose of the site. Eventhough the title of the restaurant explans what they do perfectly well, images provide instant recognision. I also think adding this image has started to make it look more professional.
Here I have changed the text colour to navy and put a pale blue box behind the telephone number.
This mint green is closer to what i want, and i much prefer the number being raised just underneath the links, feels more balanced.

The pink in this designs is far too girly, although pastels often can be used to represent freshness, it still doesn't suit a restaurant.

From Tarn Thai's Contact card I took the logo and also the colour scheme to. I don't think these colours reflect a thai restaurant though. When I think of Thai I think of freshness, tranquility and quality.

0 comments: