Friday 28 November 2008

Glug Nottingham



I have just been to Brownes for the event that is Glug and am so excited that I have to blog straight away. I went with Ed Christie who through a very random occurrence knew Tim, one of the filmmakers there. This allowed us to jump straight in rather than wait around and nervously approach a group like a predator that should be on prozac. Tim was with 2 others; Richard: an Editor and Ella:the organiser of the event and creative manager. In our short time there we spoke about their job roles and had a really nice chat with them all and are hoping to see them again at the next Glug in January.

This experience has really opened my eyes to how important networking is and especially In the art world. Before I have found myself lost, and extremely nervous about where to begin but I can really see how experiences like this one could potentially open up a entire realm of possibilities and provide a door into the creative industry.

Glug is especially good as it provides the time, place and people. Not only that but the opportunity to be a bit tipsy and swallow any nerves that might arise. I know I felt quite nervous!

0 comments: