Thursday 30 October 2008

CAKE!

For this first term we were asked to create a 3+ page website based on content of our choice. On these pages have to be 3 flash elements, all of different sizes and exploring a variety of interactivity.

The content I have chosen is cake. This choice was mainly down to having a sweet tooth, but also because I didn't really take to the idea of basing the website on an inspirational artist as i've been doing things like that since year 7.

I want to use photography and source my own images. Baking and making as I go.

Jam Doughnut
Everyone knows there is a strategy to eating a jam doughnut and I'm sure most people know the great game that is 'don't lick your lips' . With these two ideas in mind, i instantly thought-GAME! This would be a game of concentration and multi-tasking. The user will have to continuously press a key on the board while select where to take a bite with the mouse. (If I can) I will create levels where these tasks (or similar) will become more complicated or maybe introduce a countdown clock...

Round The World

Another idea I had would be an interactive globe. This would have the locations of where certain cakes originated e.g. Madeira

I might include other concise and interesting/quirky facts


Loading...

I have two ideas at the moment. The first being an oven: a counter at the top indicates %age loaded and when loading is complete the oven door pops open. The other was a fairy cake with a candel which melts dependanton loading time.



Navigation....

Again I have a few ideas about how to design navigation. I want it to be clear and easy to use but i also want to avoid the typical navigation bar layout.

One idea I had was to create a multi-teired cake; with each tier will take you to a different page.
Alternatively I could have a range of ingredients, or maybe have a slice of cake with each layer linking to other pages.


0 comments: