Tuesday 29 April 2008

Identities Project Update

At the moment I am really quite pleased with the progress I am making.
I am still doing the animation side of things in 3D Max, but hoping that it should be complete by the end of this week and then I can start the Flash side of things.

So far I have a my welcome page set out how I originally planned. Although there is an addition of a letter. This explains what the site is for and a bit about me. Where the address would normally be is a list of links to the interactive elements of the page.
Letter header:

This was done in 3D Max using a projection.

My basic logo:

Although it looks a lot like a pretzel, it is supposed to look like a 'J' and a 'P' intertwined.

I had the idea of making this into a magic8 ball, the only problem being mapping my logo on the base. Although, I do quite like the idea and might use it anyway without the logo if i can't do it, as it is visually quite effective.


To bring all my objects together I have created a shelf. Below is a render of what it looks like at the moment. Each of these objects are going to link to something. The Letter will open similar to it does at the start. The sketchbook will link to my blog. The photo album will open, and the pages will turn when a page is clicked on. The duck will link to some examples work that I have done during the year. The monopoly house will take you back to the closed door. The Bubble Bottle will take you to a bubble game, where you have to burst the bubbles to achieve a good score. The picture hanging on the wall, will take you to my avatar animation. I am hoping to include the magic8ball but we'll have to see about that one. I have also made an ipod. I meant to include this in my animation but it proved to take too much time, but I would really like to include it in this and make interactive, so that the user can change the between a few selected tracks. I'm not how difficult this is going to be though. I have a feeling I am being too ambitious and I'm sure that flash won't be very kind to me either.

Interactive objects:

1) Bubble Bottle/Game
2) Photo Album
3) Ipod?
4) Magic8ball
5) Door

To Do List(in order of priority)
* make a label for the bubble bottle and map on
* map onto photo album
* sort out the animation for the letter
* animate ipod
* render everything and take it into Flash!
* re-render animation
* buy www.jacquipickup.co.uk
* magic8ball: animate

0 comments: