Wednesday 20 January 2010

Client:Meeting3: Designs

The main focus of today's meeting with my client Robin Pounder, was to present some design ideas for the Wild and Wilder vintage clothing website.

Idea1-Standardised Layout with fabric textures and sewing patterns.

I presented this idea to Robin as an alternative and to my more inventive designs. The main reason behind this was to gauge his reaction and ensure my understanding of his needs were correct.The nature of the brand lends itself nicely to a slightly wakey design and Robin pretty much discarded this without any discussion. This was the reaction I was hoping for as I want to create a website that challenges both my technical capabilities and design skills.

Idea2-Vintage Magazine Layout

Robin though that although it is an interesting idea, it is quite complicated. I agree with this, it is a idea that needs considerable development.


Idea3-Map

A map from Wild to Wilder, with models on the streets wearing clothing from the brands and landmarks such as broadway cinema, the council house etc along the way. Robin thought that although it was interesting idea, it might be a bit confusing to someone who didn't know Nottingham well as the maps simplistic style doesn't convey distance or direction.

Idea4-interactive shop front

This is Robins (and my) preferred design idea. Navigation is much simpler than the others and

0 comments: